(HC61) Associate Director of Finance - Operations
£73,936.00 - 86,687.00 Per Annum
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust is one of the UK’s leading teaching Trusts, providing acute and specialist services to a population of over 1 million. We have a strong reputation for innovation, clinical research, teaching and high-quality patient care and are the principal teaching hospital for Warwick Medical School.
We employ over 9000 staff, have a turnover of £700 million and have 1.7 million patient contacts a year. The Trust comprises of two busy hospitals with over 1,300 beds and 32 operating theatres, running clinical services from a number of other sites.
Our vision is to be a national and international leader in healthcare; our values-driven organisational development programme and our five-year partnership with the Virginia Mason Institute are key to us achieving this vision by focussing on improving services via lean methodology.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Associate Director of Finance – Operations to join a department which is held in high regard.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Finance Officer, the duties of the Associate Director of Finance – Operations will be to provide overall leadership and direction to the Financial Management function of the Trust:
• Influence strategic decision making within the Trust through the provision of business and financial advice relating to financial management to Clinical Groups/Deputies and Directors and Chief Officers..
• Responsible for the management of Group Accountants each responsible for the delivery of both Group and Trust corporate finance objectives
• The post will take overall responsibility for staff development, performance and disciplinary issues for the staff in financial management (circa 25 employees).
• To manage the regular reporting of financial performance management information including the production of all relevant financial management sections of the Trust’s Integrated Finance Report.
• Finance lead in the Trusts Operational Delivery Planning process, and should ensure that finances are aligned to the delivery plans and that sufficient scrutiny and challenge is provided working with the Group Finance Accountants.
• For Group led business cases the post should provide quality assurance and represent the finances contained within the Trusts Planning Unit.
• Co-ordinate the budget setting process across Operational Groups and will ensure that the known expenditure impacts are fed into the Annual Financial Plan led by the Head of Financial Planning.
• Ensure efficiency, effectiveness, integrity and business focus of financial systems and processes across Operational Divisions.
• Ensure that operational expenditure is fit for purpose for Service Line Reporting and provide key support in the integration of SLR within the organisation.
The Associate Director of Finance – Corporate Services will be:
• Qualified Accountant (CCAB)
• Extensive senior management experience of producing management accounts within a large, complex, ideally regulated organisation.
• Able to demonstrate a successful record of financial leadership and team development.
• Experience of working with National Tariff Payment System (Acute Healthcare Contract) and applying knowledge and experience in negotiating complex activity and service related contracts.
• Excellent verbal and written skills including the ability to influence clinicians and group directs, providing analysis and recommendations.
For an informal discussion and to receive an information pack please telephone Heather Clarke or Jane Weekes at Harris Burns on 01952 743243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org