(HC73) Head of People
£45,000.00 - 50,000.00 Per Annum
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior People Manager / Head of People to join our team based in the Midlands.
Through our residential care, education and transitional services, we support some of the most vulnerable children and young people in our society. Within this role, you will be part of an organisation that is committed to making a real difference for young lives.
You will ensure the delivery of a high-quality HR support, recruitment and advice service which is commercially astute, manages risk appropriately, builds capability and achieves all key performance indicators. This role also supports the People Director in developing and leading key corporate projects.
The successful candidate will have experience with change management, people management, employee relations, recruitment and leading on HR projects. This is an opportunity to work with a newly appointed People Director as they create and embed a commercially aligned people strategy across the employee lifecycle. You will be joining the organisation at a very exciting time of growth and change which you will integral in delivering.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Develops the employee relations strategy, policy and practice and embeds employee relations strategy into operational delivery
• Develops and implements the recruitment and retention strategy for the organisation in line with the People Plan.
• Builds a customer service culture within the HR team and measures effectiveness of delivery.
• Develops insights and spots opportunities to drive performance, add value and meet key organisational priorities.
• Develops and manages the HR service to the organisation, ensuring it meets all statutory and legislative requirements and achieves all key performance indicators.
• Leads the HR team to build capability within the function and the organisation to meet our short, medium and long-term objectives.
• Delivers value and performance to drive delivery of the people plan and drive continuous improvement.
• Develops organisational models to support the delivery of our key corporate objectives, in conjunction with key operational colleagues.
• Manages change effectively and builds change management capability in the team and the wider management group.
• Supports the development and delivery of a performance and reward programme to meet the current and future needs of the business.
• Supports the development and operational delivery of the employee engagement programme and the building of the employer brand.
Do you feel that you have the energy and enthusiasm for this role? If you do, please send your CV to email@example.com!